New 3D CAM Features: IGES, STEP, STL & DXF Import – Import files from any CAD system, simply select the areas to be machined and set the tools, Profiling – 2D & 3D Roughing and Finishing. Multiple Z passes, choose Start & End points. Tags. Climb & conventional machining, Pocketing – 2D & 3D Roughing and Finishing. Multiple Z passes. Zig Zag or Profile style. Climb & conventional machining. Machine from boundary or centre, Drilling – Canned Cycles for Drill, Peck Drill, Deep Drill, Ream, Bore and Tap, Full 3D Toolpath generation for any machine tool Compatibility with all CAD systems via IGES, STEP and STL import, such as SolidWorks™, SolidEdge™, Rhinoceros™, Autodesk Inventor™, PowerSHAPE™, Autodesk AutoCAD™, Geomagic Design™
Additional Machining Features & Functions:
- Supports 2, 2.5 and 3 Axis Machining and Rotary Axes A and B.
- Tooling Database.
- Display of component and toolpath in Plan, Front & Side Elevation and Iso-metric views.
- Display of tool center-line, tool path envelope or full tool animation.
- Supports canned cycles for milling, drilling, peck-drilling, deep-hole drilling, reaming, boring, tapping, and circular and rectangular pocketing.
- Simplified 2D contouring control with automatic generation of lead-on and run-off.
- Z-axis profiling which allows the machining of parts that do not have vertical sides.
- Merge top and bottom 2D contours to produce and machine a ruled surface (square ended tools).
- Advanced 3D Surface of revolution for core and cavity machining.
- Named Layer controls with show – hide – print attributes.
- Automatic parameter assignment e.g. selecting LINE can automatically set line width, style, layer etc.
- All operations fully dynamic, so you can see the results before accepting/rejecting.
- b-Splines can be created and modified.
- Multiple Document Interface, more than one drawing can be opened and modified. Cut and Paste between drawings.
- Automatic Dimensioning in inch/metric or both. Dimensions may be Horizontal, Vertical, Parallel, Radial, Circular, Angular or Leader Line. Associative Dimensions, if the object is altered the dimension reflects the changes made.
- Unlimited Undo and Redo Commands.
- Customizable Toolbars and Screen Layout.
- Built in RS232 communication package with full drip feed capability.
- Thread Milling.
- Automatic Area Clearance of Any Shaped Contour with Unlimited Islands, Options for Linear, ZigZag and Spiral Machining.
- Spiral Plunging Option for Pocketing.
- Tapered Wall Machining on Contouring and Pocketing with Z Step Cutting or Full 3 Axis Finishing.
- Ramping with Arc (helical), Angled or Straight Line Approach.
- Engraving capabilities that allow any text to be machined, with size, angle and mirror image options. Text can also be machined around an arc.
- Surface Machining by Defining 2 Profiles.
- Output to virtually any machine tool controller, with free built-in post processors.
- Operator Set-Up Sheets, which show tooling required and machining sequence.
- Alibre CAD Plug-in – Import models directly into Dolphin.
- Included post processor generator enabling adjustments to be made for any NC controller system.Tool path calculation at any required precision level.
- User friendly interface – Vast library of ready post processors.
- Realistic machining simulation – Easy to use – Results immediately after system installation.
- Education, service, documentation, support, hotline – Free in version updates.